Search This Blog

Welcome to The Real DFG's Pittsburgh Penguin Autograph Project. My goal is to eventually try and get at least one autograph of every player to lace up the skates in an NHL game for the Pittsburgh Penguins. It could have been for one game or 700 games, I will add them. Occasionally I may post cards of former players in their new team uniforms. While the goal is to get autos in Pens uni's, it isn't always possible. Since the team has been in existence since 1967, the list is pretty large. Last I checked, it was somewhere in the range of 624 different players. Currently, I sit at about 100 autographs (with some duplication). Enjoy the posts.

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Tyler Wright

The Penguins acquired the services of Tyler Wright in 1996 from the Oilers in exchange for a draft pick.  He went on to play for the better part of four seasons with the Pens, scoring 17 goals and 16 assists.  I don't remember Tyler very much because he was a third/fourth liner, rarely put up points, and was mostly used on special teams.

In 2000, he was selected in the Entry Draft by the Columbus Blue Jackets.  The only real thing I can remember Tyler for is that Columbus used him as a piece to get Sergei Fedorov from the Ducks.

I picked this one up in one of those discount boxes at a show a couple years ago.  It was probably a buck or two.  I doubt I would have paid much more for it otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment if you want. It's your choice.