Search This Blog

Welcome to The Real DFG's Pittsburgh Penguin Autograph Project. My goal is to eventually try and get at least one autograph of every player to lace up the skates in an NHL game for the Pittsburgh Penguins. It could have been for one game or 700 games, I will add them. Occasionally I may post cards of former players in their new team uniforms. While the goal is to get autos in Pens uni's, it isn't always possible. Since the team has been in existence since 1967, the list is pretty large. Last I checked, it was somewhere in the range of 624 different players. Currently, I sit at about 100 autographs (with some duplication). Enjoy the posts.

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Tyler Kennedy

This was my first Tyler Kennedy autograph that I ever obtained.

This card comes from the 2008-09 Be A Player set.  Its a Dual Auto from the Double Signatures insert set.  As you can see, he signed here along with James Sheppard, then of the Minnesota Wild (I think he is on the Sharks as I'm writing this).


Kennedy's play has been slumping since the team paid him $4 million back in 2011.  This year, although shortened, he has only one goal and an assist.  It’s disappointing because Kennedy has been a regular on the second power play unit.  But stats are stats and in 74 games under the new contract, he has only 12 goals and 35 points.

Hopefully for him, he will pick up his game and step it up, especially now that Staal is gone.  There is too much talent behind him to let his play slip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment if you want. It's your choice.