Search This Blog

Welcome to The Real DFG's Pittsburgh Penguin Autograph Project. My goal is to eventually try and get at least one autograph of every player to lace up the skates in an NHL game for the Pittsburgh Penguins. It could have been for one game or 700 games, I will add them. Occasionally I may post cards of former players in their new team uniforms. While the goal is to get autos in Pens uni's, it isn't always possible. Since the team has been in existence since 1967, the list is pretty large. Last I checked, it was somewhere in the range of 624 different players. Currently, I sit at about 100 autographs (with some duplication). Enjoy the posts.

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Jordan Staal

This just in, Jordan Staal has been traded back to Pittsburgh, along with his brother, for a bag of rusty nails and some small pox infested blankets.

APRIL FOOL'S!!

Not that you believed me anyway.

This is my second Jordan Staal auto to be featured on the Project Page.  ObviouslyMr. Staal has left Pittsburgh for "redder" pastures because there was one time when I thought he would be a Penguin forever.  That seems to be the death knell for players that I decide to collect.

Staal currently plays for Carolina along with his brother Eric.  Basically the two of them over the last two seasons have turned the Hurricanes into a franchise that is fun to watch and equally as scary to play against.  Jordan has embraced this opportunity to play alongside his brother and will most certainly be part of something special in the near future.

This card comes from the 2011-12 SP Authentic Sign of the Times set.  It is signed in blue ink and Jordan uses his number to accentuate his moniker.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment if you want. It's your choice.