Search This Blog

Welcome to The Real DFG's Pittsburgh Penguin Autograph Project. My goal is to eventually try and get at least one autograph of every player to lace up the skates in an NHL game for the Pittsburgh Penguins. It could have been for one game or 700 games, I will add them. Occasionally I may post cards of former players in their new team uniforms. While the goal is to get autos in Pens uni's, it isn't always possible. Since the team has been in existence since 1967, the list is pretty large. Last I checked, it was somewhere in the range of 624 different players. Currently, I sit at about 100 autographs (with some duplication). Enjoy the posts.

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Marc-Andre Fleury

With the exception of Tyler Kennedy, I think this is one of the only current Penguins that I have posted an auto of so far.  But what an auto it is.

This is a Stanley Cup Signatures card #/50 from Upper Deck's The Cup.  The signature is on-card and includes Flower's jersey number.  The best part about this one, I know it cost me less than $10 delivered from an Ebay auction roughly eight months or so ago.  The scan isn't too good because of all the foil.  The "stripes" that look to be on the card really aren't there.

What can I say about Fleury that most people don't already know?  Probably nothing.  When the guy is on...he's one of the top 5 elite goalies in the league.  But when he is off, oh boy.

I have had an up and down relationship with MAF over the years.  He opened his career with the Pens and made 46 saves in a 3-0 loss to the Kings in 2003-04.  He won the next night in Chicago but the "legend" status had already begun.

While he was a huge prospect back then, he always played just good enough not to upset me too much but not good enough to impress me completely.  Except during his moments of brilliance which came at least once a game.  All I can say is 2008-09 Stanley Cup Finals...Zetterberg shot, rebound to Lidstrom, Fleury outstretched diving save = Cup #3.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment if you want. It's your choice.