Search This Blog

Welcome to The Real DFG's Pittsburgh Penguin Autograph Project. My goal is to eventually try and get at least one autograph of every player to lace up the skates in an NHL game for the Pittsburgh Penguins. It could have been for one game or 700 games, I will add them. Occasionally I may post cards of former players in their new team uniforms. While the goal is to get autos in Pens uni's, it isn't always possible. Since the team has been in existence since 1967, the list is pretty large. Last I checked, it was somewhere in the range of 624 different players. Currently, I sit at about 100 autographs (with some duplication). Enjoy the posts.

Monday, March 25, 2013

Robert Bortuzzo

Now, despite the fact that you probably couldn't tell whose signature this was without the background, it is kind of a nice signature.  I like the way the #41 is added to the end of the line too.

This comes from the 2011-12 Upper Deck The Cup set and is an auto of then Rookie, Robert Bortuzzo.  I didn't pull this from a pack like everyone thinks.  I got this in an auction on Ebay for a few bucks.  I couldn't pass that up for this budding star defenseman.

Bortuzzo is a huge defenseman and fills in nicely now that Lovejoy has been moved on.  He has bounced from WBS and the Pens for quite a few games over the past two years but I think his number will permanently be called into an already deep defense lineup. 

Bortuzzo was drafted in the 3rd round of the 2007 NHL Entry Draft after signing with the Kitchener Rangers in the OHL.  He played three years there, racking up 49 points and 152 penalty minutes.

Bortuzzo finally scored his first goal on February, 2 of this year against the New Jersey Devils.  That game was on TV and it was glorious to watch the 5-1 shilacing of Martin Brodeur. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment if you want. It's your choice.