Search This Blog

Welcome to The Real DFG's Pittsburgh Penguin Autograph Project. My goal is to eventually try and get at least one autograph of every player to lace up the skates in an NHL game for the Pittsburgh Penguins. It could have been for one game or 700 games, I will add them. Occasionally I may post cards of former players in their new team uniforms. While the goal is to get autos in Pens uni's, it isn't always possible. Since the team has been in existence since 1967, the list is pretty large. Last I checked, it was somewhere in the range of 624 different players. Currently, I sit at about 100 autographs (with some duplication). Enjoy the posts.

Monday, April 29, 2013

Darius Kasparaitis

Kaspar is probably (well not even probably, he is) known best for his CLEAN hit on Eric Lindros that took him out of commission for 18 games in 1998.  He is also known for his aggressive physicality on the ice.  Kaspar was a master of the hip check.  He would dump guys every chance he got with a well executed hip into the boards or even in open ice. 

I absolutely hated him when he was on the Islanders for all those years.  But as much as I hated him on New York, I loved him on the Pens.  He was a "disruptor" and those guys serve a purpose.  He wasn't a big point scorer, although his best offensive years were in Pittsburgh.  But he could dish out the punishment.

This card is another in a long line of autos from the Pinnacle Be-A-Player set.  I'm not entirely sure what that signature is supposed to say but if I am to assume it is a "D.", the rest must be in Lithuanian, or Russian, or whatever they speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment if you want. It's your choice.